Il “Piano Operativo” (the urban development plan) is a planning instrument which, starting with a general vision of the social, cultural and economic development of the city of Prato, formulated by the Administration in the Guidelines, establishes in detail where, how and to what extent it is possible to intervene in the transformation, enhancement and protection of the municipal region, in both urban and agricultural areas.
The procedure to follow in the preparation of the Piano Operativo is defined by the Regional Town Planning Law, and includes the following steps:
– December 2016, launch of the procedure
– 2017, start drafting plan and strategic environmental assessment
– September 2017, participatory process
– May 2018, adoption of Piano Operativo and environmental report
– June-July 2018, observations made by citizens and authorities
– December 2018-March 2019, final approval and publication